Myanmar Tour Guide Association has submitted a proposal to specify at least US$35 for minimum tour guide service fee to the Myanmar Tourism Entrepreneurs Association and is waiting for feedback from tour companies, the association's chairman said.
Last Updated on Sunday, 15 September 2013 17:48
Three local companies are interested in leasing the Coco Islands to operate recreational resorts, according to a local resident.
Last Updated on Friday, 13 September 2013 18:16
Western European tourist arrivals in Myanmar have increased by more than 20,000 this year, according to the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism.
Last Updated on Thursday, 12 September 2013 19:43
When one thinks of ancient Myanmar pagodas, Bagan is usually the first place that comes to mind. But in a lesser known city, 50 miles from Magway on the west bank of the Ayeyarwaddy River near the Chin State hills, one finds an abundance not only of pagodas but also of ancient monasteries.
Last Updated on Friday, 13 September 2013 17:20
The opening of the international checkpoint in Mae Sot has generated a great deal of excitement among travellers who prefer to explore countries without needing to fly.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 19:07
Tourism Latest News
- Hotels ready to accommodate local and foreign media
- MIC grants a hotel project in Dawei
- Hotels to charge current prices for SEA Games
- Tourism master plan predicts 1.5 million jobs in seven years
- Tourists asked to respect rules when visiting heritage sites
- Myawady border bridge to extend opening hours
- Historic U Bein Bridge in Mandalay in a ruinous state
- Disappointment, complaints mar popular festival
- Hotels nearly overbooked as tourists flock to Bagan
- Thai celebrities to visit Myanmar for pre-SEA Games activity