The Ministry of Hotels and Tourism is expecting about 300 hotel rooms to be available before the Southeast Asian Games begin on December 11.
Last Updated on Friday, 01 November 2013 23:27
The excavation site of a former Siamese king's tomb in Linzin Hill cemetery near Amarapura has attracted many tourists including Thai visitors, according to the excavation team.
Last Updated on Thursday, 31 October 2013 21:50
The respective civil aviation departments of Myanmar, South Korea and Bangladesh have amended the aviation contracts of 2013, thus, paving the way for more than one direct flight from these two countries to Myanmar.
Last Updated on Saturday, 26 October 2013 17:28
Ngwe Saung Yacht Club will be turned into a hotel to accommodate the upcoming Southeast Asian Games.
Last Updated on Sunday, 27 October 2013 17:03
Europeans outnumbered Asians for most visits to Myanmar's National Museum in Yangon this year according to the museum director.
Last Updated on Thursday, 24 October 2013 21:17
Tourism Latest News
- MIC grants a hotel project in Dawei
- Hotels to charge current prices for SEA Games
- Tourism master plan predicts 1.5 million jobs in seven years
- Tourists asked to respect rules when visiting heritage sites
- Myawady border bridge to extend opening hours
- Historic U Bein Bridge in Mandalay in a ruinous state
- Disappointment, complaints mar popular festival
- Hotels nearly overbooked as tourists flock to Bagan
- Thai celebrities to visit Myanmar for pre-SEA Games activity
- Tourist arrivals increase by 83 percent in three years