Tourist arrivals in Myanmar increased by 83 percent between October 2010 and October this year, according to Ministry of Hotel and Tourism statistics.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 November 2013 17:30
Kayin State’s Mount Zwekabin has received many foreign tourists this year although only a few travelled to the well-known landmark in the past decade, according to a local resident.
Last Updated on Friday, 15 November 2013 20:43
Tourism has been booming in the border town of Myawady since the government opened the crossing as an international gateway for foreign visitors on August 28, sources say.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 17:48
The number of tourists visiting Pho Kyar Elephant Camp during the peak season between October and February is expected to increase by as much as 50 percent, camp officials say.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 18:01
A 500-strong police force will maintain maximum security for Ngwe Saung Beach during the 27th SEA Games, according to Ayeyarwady Region Police Force.
Last Updated on Sunday, 03 November 2013 22:33
Tourism Latest News
- Hotels ready to accommodate local and foreign media
- MIC grants a hotel project in Dawei
- Hotels to charge current prices for SEA Games
- Tourism master plan predicts 1.5 million jobs in seven years
- Tourists asked to respect rules when visiting heritage sites
- Myawady border bridge to extend opening hours
- Historic U Bein Bridge in Mandalay in a ruinous state
- Disappointment, complaints mar popular festival
- Hotels nearly overbooked as tourists flock to Bagan
- Thai celebrities to visit Myanmar for pre-SEA Games activity