Published on Monday, 19 November 2012 21:26
A new propeller ATR72-500 aircraft purchased by Myanmar domestic airline Air KBZ has arrived at the Yangon International Airport on November 11.
The purchase is a part of the company’s efforts to expand its domestic service, according to Air KBZ official.
Air KBZ has also purchased two more new propeller ATR72-600 aircrafts from France, which will arrive in Yangon in January and April next year.
The airline will increase its flight frequency to Nyaung Oo, Mandalay, Heho and Thandwe during the peak tourist season and resume flights to Nay Pyi Taw, Kyaingtong, Monywa, and Homemalin.
Air KBZ currently operates four ATR72-500 aircrafts.
It plans to offer flights to 20 destinations in the country next year.
Tourism Latest News
- Mobile phones, cameras banned in Kyaiktiyo Pagoda
- Myanmar Airways to provide sightseeing flights over Mandalay
- Pilgrims crowd Kyaiktiyo Pagoda over weekends
- Hotels ready to accommodate local and foreign media
- MIC grants a hotel project in Dawei
- Hotels to charge current prices for SEA Games
- Tourism master plan predicts 1.5 million jobs in seven years
- Tourists asked to respect rules when visiting heritage sites
- Myawady border bridge to extend opening hours
- Historic U Bein Bridge in Mandalay in a ruinous state