Published on Wednesday, 07 November 2012 19:24
An area in Yangon International Airport where visas on arrival are issued (Photo - Than Zaw Tun/EMG)
Mandalay International Airport has launched visa on arrival service on November 1, but only for business travellers.
Currently, three kinds of visas are allowed to be given on arrival. They are Business Visa which costsUS$ 50 and allows70 days for attending meetings, Entry Visa costing US$40 and allowing 28 days, and Transit Visa costing US$ 20 and allowing 24 hours.
Than Winn, Deputy Director of Mandalay International Airport, said that, previously, only Yangon International Airport that provided the visa on arrival service. The Yangon International Airport launched the service on June 1.
“We now provide the same service offered by the Yangon International Airport,” Than Winn said.
Visa on arrival scheme is available for nationals from Asean countries, China, India, Japan, Korea, Australia, Denmark, French, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom and the United States.
Tourism Latest News
- MIC grants a hotel project in Dawei
- Hotels to charge current prices for SEA Games
- Tourism master plan predicts 1.5 million jobs in seven years
- Tourists asked to respect rules when visiting heritage sites
- Myawady border bridge to extend opening hours
- Historic U Bein Bridge in Mandalay in a ruinous state
- Disappointment, complaints mar popular festival
- Hotels nearly overbooked as tourists flock to Bagan
- Thai celebrities to visit Myanmar for pre-SEA Games activity
- Tourist arrivals increase by 83 percent in three years