Published on Wednesday, 07 November 2012 19:31
Myanmar police force and the Ministry of Home Affairs will form special enforcement unit “Tourist Police” to serve for international visitors’ security and safety, according to an offical from the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism.
The authorities from both sides are urging to form the unit before the end of this year, as the country is welcoming more and more visitors.
“The formation of tourist police is to help foreigners and develop tourism in Myanmar,” said Tint Tun Aung, director of the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism.
Tourists care centers are currently serving at Yangon, Mandalay and Nyaung Oo airports and more to be added in countrywide in the future.
The objectives of the tourist police are:include providing tourists with necessary information related to train stations, airports, bus terminals, shopping centers and helping prevent crimes in the tourists-dense areas.
Tourism Latest News
- Hotels ready to accommodate local and foreign media
- MIC grants a hotel project in Dawei
- Hotels to charge current prices for SEA Games
- Tourism master plan predicts 1.5 million jobs in seven years
- Tourists asked to respect rules when visiting heritage sites
- Myawady border bridge to extend opening hours
- Historic U Bein Bridge in Mandalay in a ruinous state
- Disappointment, complaints mar popular festival
- Hotels nearly overbooked as tourists flock to Bagan
- Thai celebrities to visit Myanmar for pre-SEA Games activity