- Kayin Unity and Peace Council to act as mediator in negotiation among Kayin’s armed groups
- Monopolistic state-run newspapers' new moves create competitive market with private newspapers
- China should discuss Myitsone issue only with president: Suu Kyi
- Thein Sein warns against those opposing reform
- President Thein Sein invites US investments for development of Myanmar’s middle class
- Parliament likely to seek approval for freeing remaining political prisoners
- Obama vows to assist in Myanmar's political and economic reform
- Parliament to reveal mysterious blogger's ID
- Vice President meets South Korean Prime Minister in Thailand
- Ethnic Shans want to enjoy equal privileges, says SNLD’s general secretary
The Political Prisoners Scrutiny Committee has already advised its chairman Soe Thein that it will seek approval for the release of remaining political prisoners at the special session of the parliament, member Ye Aung of the committee.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 20:44
United States President Barack Obama has vowed to assist Myanmar's political and economic reforms during a meeting with President Thein Sein at the White House in Washington yesterday afternoon.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 May 2013 20:01
Vice President Dr Sai Mauk Kham left for Thailand on Saturday to attend the Second Asia-Pacific Water Summit held in Chiang Mai and to take part in the 10th Celebrations for the United Nations Day of Vesak (Buddha’s Birthday) in Bangkok of Thailand, the State-owned media reported.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 May 2013 11:20
The identity of the man who has confessed to being Dr Seik Phwar will soon be revealed by the Parliament in the coming future, according to a member of the investigative commission.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 May 2013 19:46
Ethnic Shans would like to see all ethnic groups living in all parts of Myanmar to enjoy equal rigths and privileges offered by the state, general secretary Sai Nyunt Lwin of the Shan Nationalities League for Democracy (SNLD) said.
Last Updated on Monday, 20 May 2013 19:55