The U.N. Working Group on Children and Armed Conflict is planning to meet with ethnic armed groups to discuss ending child soldier recruitment.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 December 2013 14:20
Parliament's constitutional review committee in Myanmar yesterday announced that it has received 261 suggestions for amending Chapter (3) of the Constitution that includes a section describing presidential qualifications.
Last Updated on Sunday, 08 December 2013 21:37
Conflicts could cause more sexual harassment, said Myanmar's opposition leader during a press conference in Yangon yesterday.
Last Updated on Saturday, 07 December 2013 17:49
Union Solidarity and Development Association's chairperson Thura Shwe Mann equates turning a blind eye to the amending of the constitution to committing a crime.
Last Updated on Sunday, 08 December 2013 00:36
YANGON - Aung San Suu Kyi will attend the World Innovation Summit for Health to be held in Doha, Qatar, on December 10th and 11th.
Last Updated on Friday, 06 December 2013 19:59
Politics Latest News
- Amnesty given to 41 political prisoners on SEA Games opening
- China-Myanmar ties at a 'critical juncture'
- President Thein Sein returns Union Parliament Bill
- Suu Kyi says peaceful discussions key to reforms
- RPPSC urges government to rehabilitate political prisoners
- U.N. to discuss child soldiers with ethnic armed groups
- Parliament receives suggestions on amending presidential qualifications
- Turning a blind eye for amending of Constitution may be a crime - Union Assembly Speaker
- Conflicts could escalate into sexual violence: Suu Kyi
- Suu Kyi to attend global health summit in Qatar