HAKHA—The Chin National Conference, held here from Tuesday through Friday last week, ended with delegates voting to amend the 2008 Constitution and bring a genuine federal system to Myanmar, said Salai Ngae Pee, secretary of the Chin National Party.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 November 2013 07:23
NAY PYI TAW - The National League for Democracy (NLD) will hold a rally on amending the 2008 Constitution on Monday after lengthy negotiation with the police who had earlier rejected the party's formal request to conduct the event, according to a member of the party's central executive committee.
Last Updated on Sunday, 17 November 2013 16:50
NAY PYI TAW—President Thein Sein told Parliament that the electricity hike will go ahead but postponed till next year.
Last Updated on Sunday, 17 November 2013 16:22
YANGON– Mutual trust plays a key role in the implementation of peace process in Myanmar, visiting ex-British Prime Minister Tony Blair told Myanmar Peace Center on November 15.
Last Updated on Sunday, 17 November 2013 09:01
Former United States President Bill Clinton currently in Myanmar met civic organizations at Park Royal Hotel in Yangon on 15 November.
Last Updated on Saturday, 16 November 2013 19:08
Politics Latest News
- Conflicts could escalate into sexual violence: Suu Kyi
- Suu Kyi to attend global health summit in Qatar
- Chin ethnics flee Myanmar en masse to avoid human rights abuse, political insecurity
- Myanmar to establish work committee for emergence of all-inclusive union conference
- Thein Sein visits the Philippines
- Corruption, bribery “embedded” in Myanmar judiciary system, says ICJ report
- More than 80 prisoners to be scrutinized for report to president
- Most military personnel will support charter change if clearly explained – Suu Kyi
- Suu Kyi responds to Thein Sein’s comment on four-way summit
- Constitution to be discussed following ceasefire - Aung Min