NAY PYI TAW—Those who destroy the natural resources of Myanmar are really a destructive force against the country, President Thein Sein told a rural development workshop held in the nation’s capital yesterday.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 November 2013 18:45
NAY PYI TAW—If officials in the current government are deemed to be corrupt, action can be taken against them by the next government in accordance with provisions of the new anti-corruption law, legal analysts say.
Last Updated on Monday, 18 November 2013 19:47
HAKHA—The Chin National Conference, held here from Tuesday through Friday last week, ended with delegates voting to amend the 2008 Constitution and bring a genuine federal system to Myanmar, said Salai Ngae Pee, secretary of the Chin National Party.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 November 2013 07:23
YANGON—The Remaining Political Prisoners Scrutiny Committee (RPPSC) formed by the government will scrutinise 60 prisoners, including those deemed to have violated the Military Act (Tatmadaw Act), according to RPPSC member Ye Aung.
Last Updated on Monday, 18 November 2013 19:44
NAY PYI TAW - The National League for Democracy (NLD) will hold a rally on amending the 2008 Constitution on Monday after lengthy negotiation with the police who had earlier rejected the party's formal request to conduct the event, according to a member of the party's central executive committee.
Last Updated on Sunday, 17 November 2013 16:50
Politics Latest News
- Chin ethnics flee Myanmar en masse to avoid human rights abuse, political insecurity
- Myanmar to establish work committee for emergence of all-inclusive union conference
- Thein Sein visits the Philippines
- Corruption, bribery “embedded” in Myanmar judiciary system, says ICJ report
- More than 80 prisoners to be scrutinized for report to president
- Most military personnel will support charter change if clearly explained – Suu Kyi
- Suu Kyi responds to Thein Sein’s comment on four-way summit
- Constitution to be discussed following ceasefire - Aung Min
- Workshop explores role of fundraising for political parties
- People’s forum to address peace, justice, human rights and democracy