YANGON—The Myanmar Multiparty Democracy Program and the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES Myanmar) held a two-day workshop last week on the various ways of raising and spending funds.
Last Updated on Monday, 02 December 2013 19:41
YANGON—The country’s leaders will be invited to attend the Myanmar People’s Conference to be held at MCC Hall in Yangon (December 28-30), said Kyaw Lin Oo, coordinator of the ASEAN People’s Forum.
Last Updated on Monday, 02 December 2013 19:34
YANGON-Dozens of disability rights activists travelled around the city in wheelchairs on Friday to demand unrestricted environment for the disabled people.
Last Updated on Sunday, 01 December 2013 16:47
President Thein Sein yesterday urged civil society organizations to adopt dialogue instead of confrontation in carrying out their political, economic and social work.
Last Updated on Sunday, 01 December 2013 17:06
Visiting Myanmar’s opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi received an honorary doctorate for the third time at the Australian National University in Canberra on Friday.
Last Updated on Sunday, 01 December 2013 08:29
Politics Latest News
- Suu Kyi back from Qatar after attending health summit
- 10 December Group demand constitutional amendment
- Law to provide basic needs for disabled people
- Thein Sein to attend ASEAN-Japan summit
- U.N. welcomes release of political prisoners
- Ethnic armed groups postpone conference
- Suu Kyi to deliver speech on constitutional reform
- Amnesty given to 41 political prisoners on SEA Games opening
- China-Myanmar ties at a 'critical juncture'
- President Thein Sein returns Union Parliament Bill