Union Solidarity and Development Association's chairperson Thura Shwe Mann equates turning a blind eye to the amending of the constitution to committing a crime.
Last Updated on Sunday, 08 December 2013 00:36
Conflicts could cause more sexual harassment, said Myanmar's opposition leader during a press conference in Yangon yesterday.
Last Updated on Saturday, 07 December 2013 17:49
YANGON—More than 100,000 Chin ethnic people have fled Myanmar due to human rights abuses and political insecurity, Lyan Bwe Hsan from the Chin Human Rights Organization said yesterday at the Chin National Conference.
Last Updated on Friday, 06 December 2013 19:46
YANGON - Aung San Suu Kyi will attend the World Innovation Summit for Health to be held in Doha, Qatar, on December 10th and 11th.
Last Updated on Friday, 06 December 2013 19:59
YANGON—Myanmar will set up a work committee by the end of this month to push for the emergence of a union conference with all national forces—including parliament, government, the military and ethnic armed groups, a member of the preparatory work group tasked with establishing the committee said yesterday.
Last Updated on Friday, 06 December 2013 16:56
Politics Latest News
- President leaves for ASEAN-Japan summit
- Suu Kyi back from Qatar after attending health summit
- 10 December Group demand constitutional amendment
- Law to provide basic needs for disabled people
- Thein Sein to attend ASEAN-Japan summit
- U.N. welcomes release of political prisoners
- Ethnic armed groups postpone conference
- Suu Kyi to deliver speech on constitutional reform
- Amnesty given to 41 political prisoners on SEA Games opening
- China-Myanmar ties at a 'critical juncture'