NAY PYI TAW—President Thein Sein left Nay Pyi Taw yesterday for the Philippines to pay a goodwill visit at the invitation of Filipino president Benigno Aquino, according to the President’s Office website.
Last Updated on Thursday, 05 December 2013 21:16
Corruptions and bribery remain embedded in Myanmar’s judiciary system and the government and authorities continue to interfere in politically sensitive cases, the International Commission of Jurists said in a report released on Tuesday.
Last Updated on Thursday, 05 December 2013 20:49
Myanmar’s opposition leader has said she believes the majority of military personnel will support constitutional amendments if she has the chance to clearly explain to them why it is necessary to change the charter.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 16:33
YANGON—More than 80 Myanmar prisoners, most of whom are serving their jail terms for violating military law and having links with ethnic armed groups, will be assessed on whether or not they are political prisoners, says a member of the Remaining Political Prisoners Scrutiny Committee (RPPSC).
Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 18:36
SYDNEY—Myanmar opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi criticised President Thein Sein for giving an indecisive response in turning down her proposal to hold a four-way summit to discuss constitutional amendments.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 11:54
Politics Latest News
- President Thein Sein returns Union Parliament Bill
- Suu Kyi says peaceful discussions key to reforms
- RPPSC urges government to rehabilitate political prisoners
- U.N. to discuss child soldiers with ethnic armed groups
- Parliament receives suggestions on amending presidential qualifications
- Turning a blind eye for amending of Constitution may be a crime - Union Assembly Speaker
- Conflicts could escalate into sexual violence: Suu Kyi
- Suu Kyi to attend global health summit in Qatar
- Chin ethnics flee Myanmar en masse to avoid human rights abuse, political insecurity
- Myanmar to establish work committee for emergence of all-inclusive union conference