Published on Friday, 04 October 2013 16:47
One of the paintings from Artist Nyein Chan Su's art exhibition (Photo: EMG)
Artist Nyein Chan Su will hold a solo art exhibition and art auction in Singapore this month.
Organised by an art collector, over 20 painting will be displayed at the art exhibition titled "Trail Blazing" which will be held at South Galleria 2, Millenia Walk from October 24 to 26.
"I will display a collection of my artworks from the period of 1993 to 2013 at the solo exhibition," said Nyein Chan Su.
The auction will be held during the Web in Travel (WIT) Conference from October 21 to 23.
"I will paint at the forum and sell the paintings at the auction. In general, I have planned to donate the money I receive from the auction to Myanmar social organisations and refugee camps abroad. This will be the second time I put my paintings to auctions and donate the money. I donated to organisations on the Thai-Myanmar border the first time," the painter said.
Nyein Chan Su is a contemporary artist who favours bright colours and broad brushes in his paintings. His Nude Series created in 2000, Nat Series created in 2003, and the Dreamscape Series created this year are his most famous artworks.
Politics Latest News
- President Thein Sein returns Union Parliament Bill
- Suu Kyi says peaceful discussions key to reforms
- RPPSC urges government to rehabilitate political prisoners
- U.N. to discuss child soldiers with ethnic armed groups
- Parliament receives suggestions on amending presidential qualifications
- Turning a blind eye for amending of Constitution may be a crime - Union Assembly Speaker
- Conflicts could escalate into sexual violence: Suu Kyi
- Suu Kyi to attend global health summit in Qatar
- Chin ethnics flee Myanmar en masse to avoid human rights abuse, political insecurity
- Myanmar to establish work committee for emergence of all-inclusive union conference