Published on Saturday, 02 February 2013 22:02
Suu Kyi arrived back at Yangon International Airport (Photo - EMG)
Aung San Suu Kyi , chairperson of National League for Democracy has arrived back in Yangon, last night, by Korean Air KE 471.
Aung San Suu Kyi left Myanmar on January 24 morning and went to Hawaii first. She stayed at Hawaii for three days and met with Hawaii Governor, gave a speech to Hawaii High School students, met separately with Myanmar families, delivered a speech at Rotary Peace Forum, and received Hawaii Peace Award.
On January 28, Su Kyi arrived at Seoul and met separately with Korean President Lee Myung-bak, President-elect Park Geun-hye and Seoul Mayor Park Won-soon.
She also attended as the special guest to the opening ceremony for the biennial Special Olympics World Winter Games held in Pyeongchang, gave a speech at World Summit for Global Development, paid homage to fallen heroes in Gwangju who sacrificed their lives in democracy movement, and received Gwangju Human Rights Award in May 18 memorial Foundation Summit and received honorary citizenship from the city of Gwangju.
She also met with students at Seoul University and gave a speech to them. She received honorary doctor.
Suu Kyi attended dinner with South Korean top performers. She also met with Myanmar people in Korea and stayed there for 5 days. These American and South Korean visits are her first foreign visits in 2013 and it is her second visit to America.
Politics Latest News
- President Thein Sein returns Union Parliament Bill
- Suu Kyi says peaceful discussions key to reforms
- RPPSC urges government to rehabilitate political prisoners
- U.N. to discuss child soldiers with ethnic armed groups
- Parliament receives suggestions on amending presidential qualifications
- Turning a blind eye for amending of Constitution may be a crime - Union Assembly Speaker
- Conflicts could escalate into sexual violence: Suu Kyi
- Suu Kyi to attend global health summit in Qatar
- Chin ethnics flee Myanmar en masse to avoid human rights abuse, political insecurity
- Myanmar to establish work committee for emergence of all-inclusive union conference