Published on Wednesday, 30 November -0001 06:24
Some slanderous and insulting articles written under the pseudonym Dr. Seik Phwa and published on the Internet are to be investigated as MP Dr. Soe Yin of Kamayut Constituency brought them to the attention of parliamentarians at the Union Assembly on January 7.
A snap proposal was submitted by the MP to probe into the clandestine presentation of malicious ideas titled “Is there a parliament above the law?”
Speaker Khin Aung Myint declared that the proposal was accepted by the Union Assembly to probe the matter through a parliamentary commission.
Dr. Seik Phwa's website was launched in 2011, apparently to spread propaganda. Smart News Journal published by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology previously carried his articles. The chief editor of the journal was writer Khin Maung Nyo (an economist).
Another propagandist website, Myanmar Express, usually runs Dr. Seik Phwa's stories after they are posted on the Voice of Myanmar.
Dr. Seik Phwar’s website and the Myanmar Express website are linked with the now defunct Padaukmyay website. These websites usually speak ill of opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi, politicians and media persons. Their one-sided approach are barriers to national reconciliation, some reviewers say.
Eleven Media Group has found that Dr. Seik Phwar’s essays are very similar to those that appear on the Facebook page of an official at the Ministry of Information and sometimes to those of a Facebook user named “Sit Aung”. Their writing styles are the same. “Sit Aung” used to write articles for Padaukmyay website.
Politics Latest News
- U.N. to discuss child soldiers with ethnic armed groups
- Parliament receives suggestions on amending presidential qualifications
- Turning a blind eye for amending of Constitution may be a crime - Union Assembly Speaker
- Conflicts could escalate into sexual violence: Suu Kyi
- Suu Kyi to attend global health summit in Qatar
- Chin ethnics flee Myanmar en masse to avoid human rights abuse, political insecurity
- Myanmar to establish work committee for emergence of all-inclusive union conference
- Thein Sein visits the Philippines
- Corruption, bribery “embedded” in Myanmar judiciary system, says ICJ report
- More than 80 prisoners to be scrutinized for report to president