- Sia Mauk Kham meets Korean Prime Minister in Thai
- Ethnic Shans want to enjoy equal privileges, says SNLD’s general secretary
- Emergence of a single Kayin force discussed
- USDP high ranking member vows to agree Constitutional amendment
- Myanmar president grants ninth political prisoners amnesty
- President Thein Sein heads for historic US visit
- Political change and President Thein Sein’s White House visit
- KNU to take part in election if perpetual peace achieved by 2015
- International outlooks on Thein Sein’s White House visit
- President Thein Sein to speak at Johns Hopkins University
Published on Wednesday, 30 November -0001 06:24
Some slanderous and insulting articles written under the pseudonym Dr. Seik Phwa and published on the Internet are to be investigated as MP Dr. Soe Yin of Kamayut Constituency brought them to the attention of parliamentarians at the Union Assembly on January 7.
A snap proposal was submitted by the MP to probe into the clandestine presentation of malicious ideas titled “Is there a parliament above the law?”
Speaker Khin Aung Myint declared that the proposal was accepted by the Union Assembly to probe the matter through a parliamentary commission.
Dr. Seik Phwa's website was launched in 2011, apparently to spread propaganda. Smart News Journal published by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology previously carried his articles. The chief editor of the journal was writer Khin Maung Nyo (an economist).
Another propagandist website, Myanmar Express, usually runs Dr. Seik Phwa's stories after they are posted on the Voice of Myanmar.
Dr. Seik Phwar’s website and the Myanmar Express website are linked with the now defunct Padaukmyay website. These websites usually speak ill of opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi, politicians and media persons. Their one-sided approach are barriers to national reconciliation, some reviewers say.
Eleven Media Group has found that Dr. Seik Phwar’s essays are very similar to those that appear on the Facebook page of an official at the Ministry of Information and sometimes to those of a Facebook user named “Sit Aung”. Their writing styles are the same. “Sit Aung” used to write articles for Padaukmyay website.