Published on Thursday, 17 January 2013 14:50
Two members of President Thein Sein’s Cabinet have resigned, according to a report in state-run media yesterday which described the sudden departure of the pair as voluntary.
The president officially signed off on the resignations of Thein Tun, minister for communications and information technology, and Thura Myint Maung, minister for religious affairs, on Wednesday, the report said. No other details were provided.
Politics Latest News
- Suu Kyi to attend global health summit in Qatar
- Chin ethnics flee Myanmar en masse to avoid human rights abuse, political insecurity
- Myanmar to establish work committee for emergence of all-inclusive union conference
- Thein Sein visits the Philippines
- Corruption, bribery “embedded” in Myanmar judiciary system, says ICJ report
- More than 80 prisoners to be scrutinized for report to president
- Most military personnel will support charter change if clearly explained – Suu Kyi
- Suu Kyi responds to Thein Sein’s comment on four-way summit
- Constitution to be discussed following ceasefire - Aung Min
- Workshop explores role of fundraising for political parties