Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 22:25
United Nations official Valerie Ann Amos is in Myanmar for a four-day visit.
The eighth and current Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Amos arrived in Nay Pyi Taw on December 4 and met with Myanmar Vice president Dr. Sai Mauk Kham.
The officials discussed humanitarian relief assistance and closer cooperation between UN and Myanmar.
On her first official visit to Myanmar, Amos also plans to visit Kachin State and Rakhine State due to the ongoing conflict there.
Amos is scheduled to hold a press conference at the end of her visit on December 7 in Yangon.
Politics Latest News
- Thein Sein visits the Philippines
- Corruption, bribery “embedded” in Myanmar judiciary system, says ICJ report
- More than 80 prisoners to be scrutinized for report to president
- Most military personnel will support charter change if clearly explained – Suu Kyi
- Suu Kyi responds to Thein Sein’s comment on four-way summit
- Constitution to be discussed following ceasefire - Aung Min
- Workshop explores role of fundraising for political parties
- People’s forum to address peace, justice, human rights and democracy
- President Thein Sein urges "negotiation instead of confrontation"
- Disability rights activists call for ‘unrestricted environment’