Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 22:25
United Nations official Valerie Ann Amos is in Myanmar for a four-day visit.
The eighth and current Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Amos arrived in Nay Pyi Taw on December 4 and met with Myanmar Vice president Dr. Sai Mauk Kham.
The officials discussed humanitarian relief assistance and closer cooperation between UN and Myanmar.
On her first official visit to Myanmar, Amos also plans to visit Kachin State and Rakhine State due to the ongoing conflict there.
Amos is scheduled to hold a press conference at the end of her visit on December 7 in Yangon.
Politics Latest News
- Suu Kyi discusses federal union with ethnic leaders
- More political prisoners in Myanmar these days: political analysts
- Myanmar MP's propose to abolish Section 18
- Suu Kyi discusses peace, federal, drugs issues with Shan leaders
- State security guards should be formed if 2008 Constitution amended: Shan says
- Kachin Parliament calls for public engagement in peace talks
- Workshop on 2008 Constitution amendment to be held
- Now is opportune moment for foreign investors: President
- Parliament to raise issue of Myanmar migrant workers in Malaysia if delegation’s tasks incomplete: MP
- Ruling party says ‘coalition govt’ with Suu Kyi-led NLD is likely