Published on Tuesday, 27 November 2012 21:43
President Thein Sein will visit New Zealand and Australia but no dates have been specified yet.
Thein Sein made the announcement to Myanmar journalists on the sidelines of the Asean Summit in Phnom Penh last week.
The president returned to the country on November 21 after attending the 21st Asean Summit.
He met with New Zealand Prime Minister John Key in Nay Pyi Taw on November 22.
Politics Latest News
- Turning a blind eye for amending of Constitution may be a crime - Union Assembly Speaker
- Conflicts could escalate into sexual violence: Suu Kyi
- Suu Kyi to attend global health summit in Qatar
- Chin ethnics flee Myanmar en masse to avoid human rights abuse, political insecurity
- Myanmar to establish work committee for emergence of all-inclusive union conference
- Thein Sein visits the Philippines
- Corruption, bribery “embedded” in Myanmar judiciary system, says ICJ report
- More than 80 prisoners to be scrutinized for report to president
- Most military personnel will support charter change if clearly explained – Suu Kyi
- Suu Kyi responds to Thein Sein’s comment on four-way summit