- Myanmar president grants ninth political prisoners amnesty
- President Thein Sein heads for historic US visit
- Political change and President Thein Sein’s White House visit
- KNU to take part in election if perpetual peace achieved by 2015
- International outlooks on Thein Sein’s White House visit
- President Thein Sein to speak at Johns Hopkins University
- President Thein Sein to meet RCSS/SSA officials
- Maungdaw authorities restrict Bengalis' polygamy, birth rates
- KNU vows to seek genuine federalism
- KIO poised to hold peace dialogue with UPC, says Kachin Chief Minister
Published on Tuesday, 27 November 2012 21:43
President Thein Sein will visit New Zealand and Australia but no dates have been specified yet.
Thein Sein made the announcement to Myanmar journalists on the sidelines of the Asean Summit in Phnom Penh last week.
The president returned to the country on November 21 after attending the 21st Asean Summit.
He met with New Zealand Prime Minister John Key in Nay Pyi Taw on November 22.