YANGON—Myanmar’s Interim Press Council and an international non-profit organization, International Media Support (IMS), have agreed to work together for the emergence of a code of ethics that is acceptable to all journalists in the country.
Last Updated on Thursday, 05 December 2013 18:49
YANGON—The first international Myanmar Women’s Forum will be held here this week (December 6-7), according to the French Embassy.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 18:42
The Myawady-Mae Sot Friendship Bridge, on the border between Myanmar and Thailand, collected over Ks 25 million (US$ 25,000) border fees in November from daily commuters and tourists.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 17:04
A one-stop service centre for Myanmar migrant workers whose visas have expired will be set up in December according to the Ministry of Labor, Employment and Social Security.
Last Updated on Thursday, 05 December 2013 00:14
MYITKYINA - Displaced villagers from Sankin village in Kachin State, sheltered at the Wuntho monastery in Myitkyina for about two years have now returned to their homes.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 06:30
National Latest News
- Eleven Media introduces news mobile app
- Residents facing eviction to stage protest against housing project
- Myanmar to increase mobile penetration rate to 50%
- More flyovers to reduce traffic in Yangon - Minister
- Urban development to curtail high-rises and provide public spaces
- Press Council and Int’l Media Support to draft ethics code for all journalists
- Myanmar to hold its first-ever international women’s conference
- Service centres for Myanmar migrant workers to open in border areas
- Myawady border bridge collects Ks 25 million
- Kachin IDP's return home despite ongoing peace talks