YANGON-Protesters marched to Chinese embassy in Yangon on November 29 to mark the first anniversary of Letpadaungtaung Protesters’ Camp violent cracked down on demonstrators.
Last Updated on Sunday, 01 December 2013 15:01
YANGON - Yangon authorities have already banned public entry to Inya Lake and Myakyun Thar lakes after midnight due to incidents of fighting and robberies, according to Yangon Regional Police.
Last Updated on Friday, 29 November 2013 22:18
YANBYE - Local people in a town of Myanmar's western state of Rakhine took to the streets yesterday morning in protest against a United Nations human rights committee resolution urging Myanmar to grant the Bengalis citizenship under the name of Rohingya.
Last Updated on Friday, 29 November 2013 22:01
YANGON—Siam Cement Group (SCG), one of Thailand’s leading business conglomerates, has provided educational assistance for 200 high school students in Yangon Region and Mon State, company sources say.
Last Updated on Friday, 29 November 2013 19:42
Authorities are increasing security on border check points, as well as in Yangon, Mandalay, Ayeyawady regions and in the capital Nay Pyi Taw ahead of the SEA Games.
Last Updated on Friday, 29 November 2013 19:24
National Latest News
- Myanmar must eradicate cultural barriers to empower women
- Tropical cyclone Madi likely to enter Myanmar
- Migyaungkan protesters meet with Yangon officials
- War victims in Kachin State face human rights abuses
- President’s Office suspends Botahtaung project
- Myanmar must eradicate cultural barriers to empower women - IMF
- Myanmar expand HIV treatment to 85% of patients by 2016
- IMF to provide financial techniques to Myanmar
- France to partner in Myanmar Journalism School
- China has not issued formal complaint over flag-burning incident