YANGON-Protesters marched to Chinese embassy in Yangon on November 29 to mark the first anniversary of Letpadaungtaung Protesters’ Camp violent cracked down on demonstrators.
Last Updated on Sunday, 01 December 2013 15:01
YANGON - Yangon authorities have already banned public entry to Inya Lake and Myakyun Thar lakes after midnight due to incidents of fighting and robberies, according to Yangon Regional Police.
Last Updated on Friday, 29 November 2013 22:18
YANBYE - Local people in a town of Myanmar's western state of Rakhine took to the streets yesterday morning in protest against a United Nations human rights committee resolution urging Myanmar to grant the Bengalis citizenship under the name of Rohingya.
Last Updated on Friday, 29 November 2013 22:01
YANGON—Siam Cement Group (SCG), one of Thailand’s leading business conglomerates, has provided educational assistance for 200 high school students in Yangon Region and Mon State, company sources say.
Last Updated on Friday, 29 November 2013 19:42
Authorities are increasing security on border check points, as well as in Yangon, Mandalay, Ayeyawady regions and in the capital Nay Pyi Taw ahead of the SEA Games.
Last Updated on Friday, 29 November 2013 19:24
National Latest News
- Yangon protestors’ camp ordered to shut down
- 13,000 flee their villages in northern Myanmar: KPN
- Migyaungkan protestors, workers clash at dispute site
- Renovation of Mahabandoola Park to be finished in March
- Shoe factory workers on strike for wage increase
- Farmers campaign against land confiscations at Ngwe Saung Beach
- Experts suggest downtown Yangon to designate as cultural zone
- Thein Phyu building project is a sign of dictatorship still alive: MLN
- Women themselves must fight to enhance their roles - Suu Kyi
- Myanmar losing forests at fast pace, say reports