Japan International Corporation Agency (JICA) will provide technologies and electronic devices for upgrading ICT system of Myanmar’s Central Bank, according to the bank’s reports.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 20:11
A US$20 billion high speed railway project that plans to connect the coastal town of Kyaukphyu, Rakhine State with Kunming in southern China is still at a proposal stage, according to government sources.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 19:19
Myanmar’s anti-narcotic police force will be expanded threefold to combat narcotic drugs throughout the whole country, Police Lt-Col Zaw Lin Tun told The Daily Eleven.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 18:25
Due to heavy rainfall in Kalay and Tamu in Chin State, downhill torrents caused landslide, destroyed houses, and drowned animals and people, said the witnesses.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 18:27
A mob broke out in Thandwe, Rakhine State on September 30 to prevent a mob of Muslims who were about to set fire houses of ethnic Rakhines, but the riot police from Thandwe managed to segregate the crowd in time.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 18:16
National Latest News
- Buddhist monks face legal action for protesting
- Thirteen killed in fresh skirmishes between gov’t troops, Kachin rebels
- Eleven Media introduces news mobile app
- Residents facing eviction to stage protest against housing project
- Myanmar to increase mobile penetration rate to 50%
- More flyovers to reduce traffic in Yangon - Minister
- Urban development to curtail high-rises and provide public spaces
- Press Council and Int’l Media Support to draft ethics code for all journalists
- Myanmar to hold its first-ever international women’s conference
- Service centres for Myanmar migrant workers to open in border areas