Internally displaced persons (IDPs) sheltering in Mansi township, Kachin State are in urgent need of relief aid, social organisations told Eleven Media.
Last Updated on Friday, 29 November 2013 19:20
SAGAING—Local authorities are preparing to impose a dusk-to-dawn curfew at a nature reserve in Myanmar’s northwestern region of Sagaing as illegal logging increases, says a government official.
Last Updated on Friday, 29 November 2013 17:56
Migyaungkan residents in Yangon resumed their protest once again on Tuesday to demand the return of land confiscated by the military after the local government failed to resolve the issue.
Last Updated on Thursday, 28 November 2013 23:28
YANGON – A proposal to import more than 300 taxis to Yangon has been denied in fear of worsening traffic jams, according to the Yangon regional government.
Last Updated on Friday, 29 November 2013 17:19
YANGON—The import of Rolls Royce cars on the basis of “peace permits” has continued on the Myanmar-Thai border because cars covered with cloth are not easily noticed, locals say.
Last Updated on Thursday, 28 November 2013 23:11
National Latest News
- Buddhist monks face legal action for protesting
- Thirteen killed in fresh skirmishes between gov’t troops, Kachin rebels
- Eleven Media introduces news mobile app
- Residents facing eviction to stage protest against housing project
- Myanmar to increase mobile penetration rate to 50%
- More flyovers to reduce traffic in Yangon - Minister
- Urban development to curtail high-rises and provide public spaces
- Press Council and Int’l Media Support to draft ethics code for all journalists
- Myanmar to hold its first-ever international women’s conference
- Service centres for Myanmar migrant workers to open in border areas