Migyaungkan residents in Yangon resumed their protest once again on Tuesday to demand the return of land confiscated by the military after the local government failed to resolve the issue.
Last Updated on Thursday, 28 November 2013 23:28
YANGON—The import of Rolls Royce cars on the basis of “peace permits” has continued on the Myanmar-Thai border because cars covered with cloth are not easily noticed, locals say.
Last Updated on Thursday, 28 November 2013 23:11
YANGON—Myanmar will start construction tasks as the first phase for the Thilawa Special Economic Zone on Saturday (November 30), according to the zone’s management committee.
Last Updated on Thursday, 28 November 2013 19:29
MANDALAY—French-based Sasege Engineering Company will provide US$ 1.2 million (Euro 969,000, Ks 1.77 billion) to central Myanmar’s largest city in order to boost its water supply system, garbage collection and transportation access, according to the Mandalay City Development Committee (MCDC).
Last Updated on Thursday, 28 November 2013 21:07
YANGON—Bo Ye Htut, the last of The Thirty Comrades who formed the foundation of the modern Myanmar army, died at the age of 92 in Yangon yesterday, coinciding with National Day.
Last Updated on Thursday, 28 November 2013 14:30
National Latest News
- Myanmar to hold its first-ever international women’s conference
- Service centres for Myanmar migrant workers to open in border areas
- Myawady border bridge collects Ks 25 million
- Kachin IDP's return home despite ongoing peace talks
- Millions lost in illegal timber trade with China
- Police unable to confirm celebrities’ past drug scandals
- University students return to live on campus
- Yangon car horn-free zone a failure says traffic police
- MPA to construct seven new wharves in Yangon
- Myanmar to provide emergency healthcare for SEA Games athletes