YANGON - Displaced communities in Kachin State are facing growing human rights abuses as skirmishes continue between the government and Kachin Independence Army (KIA).
Last Updated on Monday, 09 December 2013 19:55
The President's Office has issued an order to postpone the construction of the Botahtaung Jetty recreation project, according to the Myanmar Ports Authority.
Last Updated on Monday, 09 December 2013 19:53
People living with HIV/AIDS will be provided access to antiretroviral drugs by next year, according to Dr. Sit Naing from Marie Stopes International.
Last Updated on Monday, 09 December 2013 19:46
YANGON - The director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Christine Lagarde urged Myanmar to "bring down the cultural barriers" to allow greater equality for women.
Last Updated on Monday, 09 December 2013 19:48
YANGON - Myanmar was ranked second in the list of the countries to which the International Monetary Fund (IMF) would provide financial techniques, said Christine Lagarde, IMF’s managing director in a press conference on Saturday.
Last Updated on Monday, 09 December 2013 19:39
National Latest News
- Anti-mine activists on trial for Chinese flag burning
- ICRC to carry out police training in Rakhine State
- KIA arrest civilians in villages around Mansi
- Myanmar-Laos Friendship Bridge to be completed by 2015
- National education seminar held in Yangon
- Government approves renovation of Yangon Railway Station
- Diplomats make debut venture into Shan State
- Indian Ambassador meets Kachin State officials
- Land grabbing the biggest issue in Myanmar says rights group
- Cyclone Madi will not hit Myanmar