Published on Friday, 09 November 2012 17:59
During the first week of November, Yangon and other places have faced unexpected rainfall, according to the Weather Forecast Department.
"The rains in Yangon, Ayeyawady, Mon and Kayin are caused by the southeastern wind. The rains in the upper parts of the country are a result of the remnant low-pressure area from Bangladesh, which is passing through the country from the west,” said the deputy director of Weather Forecast Department Chi Kyaw.
“Once it’s over there will be no more rains in the upper parts of the country. The clouds will move to Yunnan Province in China,”. Chit Kyaw added.
Science & Tech Latest News
- Coming soon: Myanmar online
- Intel hosts Myanmar workshop
- Myanmar's personal devices market set to explode: IDC
- Ooredoo is ready to compete with Telenor or MPT
- Internet connection in Myanmar down to crawling speed
- Myanmar to set up Wi-Fi free zones during the SEA Games
- MPT and MEC to sell SIM cards for July
- Low-cost SIM-cards with actual price to be available next seventh month
- Myanmar likely to cut back local calling rate
- Digicel promises to start 4G mobile network in December