Published on Wednesday, 07 November 2012 17:47
Fiber to the home (FTTH) internet line users reach to about 550 at 16 townships in Yangon region.
Fortune Company and Elite Company act as network providers for FTTH lines. Bahan, Lanmadaw, Latha, Pabaetan, Dagon, Ahlone, Kyimyindine, Sanchaung and Yankin Townships can use the line with Fortune Company. Elite is also providing service to Botataung, Pazuntaung, Mingalar Taungnyunt, Bahan, Kyaunktadar, Hlaing, Mayangone, Sanchaung and Kamaryut Townships.
“Yankin Township have the line and also in Bahan township. South and North Oakkalapa, and Mayangone Townships have no such service. Lanmadaw and Bahan Townships have the most usage. 512 Kbps and 1 Mbps plans are mostly applied for family usage and most companies took 2 Mbps plan,” a spokesperson from Fortune Company said.
The company said they submitted the proposal to Yatarnarpon Teleport (YTP) to reduce the initial fees but YTP is yet to make a reply.
Hotels and big companies submitted to use 4 Mbps plan but YTP didn’t allow such large usage yet.
Fortune Company has about 430 customers and Elite has about 120 users in Yangon.
FTTH service is a Double Play Service (Data+VOIP). Initial fee is 750,000 kyats (about US$ 880) and 60,000 kyats (about US$ 70) for yearly fees. Monthly fees are varied with plans; 45,000 kyats (about US$ 52) for 512 Kbps, 75,000 kyats (about US$ 88) for 1 Mbps and 125,000 kyats (about US$ 147) for 2 Mbps.
Science & Tech Latest News
- Digicel promises to start 4G mobile network in December
- Red Link Co. succeed for free Wi-Fi transmission in coming SEA Games
- China loan for GSM network expansion
- More x-ray machines for hospitals this year, officials say
- ILBC School showcase their first electric car
- Electronic Transactions Act comes under fire in parliament
- Smart phone with local accent debuts in Myanmar
- Yangon gets cheaper broadband services
- First endocrinology Dept opened in Yangon
- Time-based charging policy for mobile Internet to remain