Published on Wednesday, 07 November 2012 17:47
Fiber to the home (FTTH) internet line users reach to about 550 at 16 townships in Yangon region.
Fortune Company and Elite Company act as network providers for FTTH lines. Bahan, Lanmadaw, Latha, Pabaetan, Dagon, Ahlone, Kyimyindine, Sanchaung and Yankin Townships can use the line with Fortune Company. Elite is also providing service to Botataung, Pazuntaung, Mingalar Taungnyunt, Bahan, Kyaunktadar, Hlaing, Mayangone, Sanchaung and Kamaryut Townships.
“Yankin Township have the line and also in Bahan township. South and North Oakkalapa, and Mayangone Townships have no such service. Lanmadaw and Bahan Townships have the most usage. 512 Kbps and 1 Mbps plans are mostly applied for family usage and most companies took 2 Mbps plan,” a spokesperson from Fortune Company said.
The company said they submitted the proposal to Yatarnarpon Teleport (YTP) to reduce the initial fees but YTP is yet to make a reply.
Hotels and big companies submitted to use 4 Mbps plan but YTP didn’t allow such large usage yet.
Fortune Company has about 430 customers and Elite has about 120 users in Yangon.
FTTH service is a Double Play Service (Data+VOIP). Initial fee is 750,000 kyats (about US$ 880) and 60,000 kyats (about US$ 70) for yearly fees. Monthly fees are varied with plans; 45,000 kyats (about US$ 52) for 512 Kbps, 75,000 kyats (about US$ 88) for 1 Mbps and 125,000 kyats (about US$ 147) for 2 Mbps.
Science & Tech Latest News
- Coming soon: Myanmar online
- Intel hosts Myanmar workshop
- Myanmar's personal devices market set to explode: IDC
- Ooredoo is ready to compete with Telenor or MPT
- Internet connection in Myanmar down to crawling speed
- Myanmar to set up Wi-Fi free zones during the SEA Games
- MPT and MEC to sell SIM cards for July
- Low-cost SIM-cards with actual price to be available next seventh month
- Myanmar likely to cut back local calling rate
- Digicel promises to start 4G mobile network in December