Thai police yesterday announced the arrest of a Thai woman suspected of human trafficking and the rescue of 13 Myanmar women - including a 16-year-old and three girls under 18 - allegedly lured into sex work at a Ranong guesthouse in Thailand.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 June 2013 11:24
Three people including a Swiss national were killed in a car crash yesterday on the Yangon-Nay Pyi Taw expressway near milestone 185, according to officials.
Last Updated on Sunday, 09 June 2013 10:59
The number of people killed in train accidents fell last year to 90 from 111 the year before due to increased policing of trains and stations, officials said.
Last Updated on Thursday, 07 February 2013 17:45
Two local shipping representatives have been accused of misleading Myanmar sailors to South Africa where they found themselves working on a fishing boat owned by a Taiwanese instead of the job they were promised.
Last Updated on Sunday, 10 February 2013 00:45
Yangon’s traffic police today began cracking down on motorists who break traffic laws, following the end of a one-week civic education campaign, the deputy chief of the region’s traffic police said.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 January 2013 15:16
Crime Latest News
- Yangon encounters theft the most among crimes: minister
- 7 Bengalis arrested for illegally entering Yangon
- Over Ks 6 billion in narcotics, weapons seized in Shan State
- Two men arrested for possession of explosive devices in Yangon
- Unexploded bombs found in Yangon, Mandalay
- Two bombs explode in Sagaing, no injuries reported
- Myanmar authorities seize China-made gambling machines in Mon State
- Inmates from riot-hit Kawthaung Prison transferred to Myeik, Dawei and Yangon
- Bride trafficking to China on the rise
- Series of smuggled jade and products seized in Muse