A mob of Bengalis set fire to a security outpost near Bawdupha relief camp in Sittwe following a heated argument with the local police over the corps of an unidentifiable man who the locals believed had been killed by the police, Myanmar’s western state of Rakhine, on Friday.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 13:56
Over 100,000 mobile handsets have been illegally imported into Myanmar via sea routes between April and end of June this year according to the Ministry of Commerce.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 14:01
Yangon Region police force on July 22 arrest three burglars who broke into a fashion shop in Kamayut Township in Yangon Region and stole fashion items worth of over K 70 million on July 11, according to Yangon Region Police Force.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 15:01
Cars are being illegally imported to Myanmar through forty routes along Myanmar border, according to the Deputy Minister Dr. Pwint San of the Ministry of Commerce on July 23 at Naypyitaw.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 13:43
Myanmar's authorities have seized prescription drugs illegally imported from Bangladesh on July 11 in Sittwe, the capital of Rakhine State. The suspect was identified as Hnin Aye Nwe, a woman from Maungdaw Township.
Last Updated on Sunday, 14 July 2013 00:55
Crime Latest News
- Yangon encounters theft the most among crimes: minister
- 7 Bengalis arrested for illegally entering Yangon
- Over Ks 6 billion in narcotics, weapons seized in Shan State
- Two men arrested for possession of explosive devices in Yangon
- Unexploded bombs found in Yangon, Mandalay
- Two bombs explode in Sagaing, no injuries reported
- Myanmar authorities seize China-made gambling machines in Mon State
- Inmates from riot-hit Kawthaung Prison transferred to Myeik, Dawei and Yangon
- Bride trafficking to China on the rise
- Series of smuggled jade and products seized in Muse