Eleven Chinese staff are under police interrogation over the mysterious death of a Chinese worker who had been working at Shwe Natural Gas Project in Rakhine State, western Myanmar, according to police.
All the workers at the project in Maday Island, in Kyauk Phyu District of Rakhine, are Chinese nationals.
Thein Toe, a police officer of Kyauk Phyu District Police Department said, "The deceased used to sleep upstairs on the two-storey bed in his room. There is another worker who lives the same room and sleeps down below. But he said he knew nothing about it. When investigated, there were some bloods found on the deceased's bed. The roommate said he slept on thinking the deceased got out to urinate that night,"
The deceased identified as Mr.Lu, a staff from China's Yunnan Company was gone missing on the night of Sep 2. The search for him was on for 3 days and his body was found on Maday Island River, the officials said.
The police are still investigating about the case and detained 11 Chinese workers on September 5 to question.
Last Updated on Saturday, 07 September 2013 20:48
The Yangon City Development Committee (YCDC) and police force will begin a campaign to arrest beggars in Yangon sending adults to rehabilitation camps and children onto the welfare department.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 September 2013 17:02
Increasing daylight robberies and gang violence by night in Mandalay may be the consequences of a rise in drug abuse according to local residents.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:03
Myanmar authorities have seized 10,000 chicken hatchlings being illegally transported into Yangon Region, according to an official from Yangon Region Government.
Last Updated on Monday, 02 September 2013 20:24
Yangon Region could become a major market for narcotic drug trading because of 'greedy' dealers, according to an official from the Yangon's Anti-Narcotics Force.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 August 2013 20:12
Crime Latest News
- Yangon encounters theft the most among crimes: minister
- 7 Bengalis arrested for illegally entering Yangon
- Over Ks 6 billion in narcotics, weapons seized in Shan State
- Two men arrested for possession of explosive devices in Yangon
- Unexploded bombs found in Yangon, Mandalay
- Two bombs explode in Sagaing, no injuries reported
- Myanmar authorities seize China-made gambling machines in Mon State
- Inmates from riot-hit Kawthaung Prison transferred to Myeik, Dawei and Yangon
- Bride trafficking to China on the rise
- Series of smuggled jade and products seized in Muse