Published on Saturday, 06 October 2012 05:30
Myanmar authorities are investigating into routes of cargo containers after a recent finding of arms and ammunitions inside a wheat factory in eastern Dagon Industrial Zone in Yangon.
On Sept. 28, the authorities found a M20 pistol, along with 28 of 7.62 millimeter bullets, two magazines, a bag of blue rope and a gun strap, in a container truck inside the Diamond Star wheat factory.
The truck, which carried imported wheat, came to the factory through Thilawa Port on Sept. 24.
“I am not aware of this incident at all,” the manager of the factory told reporters.
A Singaporean company delivered the wheat, which was produced in Pakistan, to Myanmar.
A combined team comprising Myanmar Port Authority and the police is now probing the incident.
“I cannot answer the question as to this incident at all,” Tun Lin of Dagon Police Station said.
There are a total of 29 factories and about 30 under construction in the industrial zone.
Crime Latest News
- Nightmare fire kills 7 in Yangon spa
- Myanmar seizes illegal goods worth Ks 3 billion
- Yangon encounters theft the most among crimes: minister
- 7 Bengalis arrested for illegally entering Yangon
- Over Ks 6 billion in narcotics, weapons seized in Shan State
- Two men arrested for possession of explosive devices in Yangon
- Unexploded bombs found in Yangon, Mandalay
- Two bombs explode in Sagaing, no injuries reported
- Myanmar authorities seize China-made gambling machines in Mon State
- Inmates from riot-hit Kawthaung Prison transferred to Myeik, Dawei and Yangon