Published on Saturday, 29 September 2012 07:22
Three suspects have been charged last week with counterfeit and fraud by the Mandalay police.
“They have been transferred to the [Crime Investigation Department] along with evidence on September 21. CID will investigate the fraudulent activities. It is the very first crime involving the counterfeit of 10,000 bank notes,” said police officer Naing Aung Moe.
The main suspect, Maung Pyone Cho, was arrested together with his accomplices at a local gas station.
Twenty-four counterfeit notes of 10,000 Kyats, a color printer and laptop were found at the suspect’s house.
Crime Latest News
- Yangon encounters theft the most among crimes: minister
- 7 Bengalis arrested for illegally entering Yangon
- Over Ks 6 billion in narcotics, weapons seized in Shan State
- Two men arrested for possession of explosive devices in Yangon
- Unexploded bombs found in Yangon, Mandalay
- Two bombs explode in Sagaing, no injuries reported
- Myanmar authorities seize China-made gambling machines in Mon State
- Inmates from riot-hit Kawthaung Prison transferred to Myeik, Dawei and Yangon
- Bride trafficking to China on the rise
- Series of smuggled jade and products seized in Muse