- 3 military soldiers rob couple near Nawady Bridge in Bago
- Hotel staff falls 8 storeys to his death
- Mandalay advocate-general promises swift trials for suspects in Meikhtila riot cases
- Many poor-quality drugs imported illegally into Myanmar: Trade Minister
- Vandals try to stir up trouble, flee when police arrive
- Man arrested in Rakhine murders
- Thai couple face raft of charges over torture and enslavement of child
- Officials seek common ground to combat slavery in Mekong region
- Hackers using local ISP to attack accounts of Eleven Media staff
- One injures, one disappears in a boat capsize in Yangon
Published on Saturday, 29 September 2012 07:22
Three suspects have been charged last week with counterfeit and fraud by the Mandalay police.
“They have been transferred to the [Crime Investigation Department] along with evidence on September 21. CID will investigate the fraudulent activities. It is the very first crime involving the counterfeit of 10,000 bank notes,” said police officer Naing Aung Moe.
The main suspect, Maung Pyone Cho, was arrested together with his accomplices at a local gas station.
Twenty-four counterfeit notes of 10,000 Kyats, a color printer and laptop were found at the suspect’s house.