Published on Friday, 04 January 2013 10:41
A fire in Myanmar's Mywaddy state opposite Thailand's Mae Sot district in Tak province early Thursday morning killed a seven-year-old girl and destroyed five houses.
The Myanmar side asked the Mae Sot authorities to send water trucks to help extinguished the blaze that erupted in a village in Myawaddy district at 1.30am opposite Tambon Tasailuad , Samruey Wiriya, the mayor of Tambon Tasailuad said.
Samruey said the Thai side agreed to Myanmar's request to open the Thai-Myanmar Friendship Bridge to allow the water trucks to travel to the site of the fire. The blaze, whipped up by a strong winds, completely destroyed the wooden houses. The girl was trapped inside a house.
The Myanmar side are now investigating the cause of the fire.
Source: The Nation
Crime Latest News
- Swiss killed in Myanmar car crash
- Legal actions set against misleading job promises in S. Africa
- Myanmar’s deadly railways claim more than 200 lives in 2 years
- Driving rule breakers to face lifetime suspension of driver licenses
- Eight telecom officials face criminal charges, police say
- Myanmar Police seize illegal drugs worth $2.3m in Yangon
- Landmine attack on Mandalay-bound train sparks panic
- South Korean found dead in suspected suicide
- Two customs officials penalized for arm shipment case
- Mines ministry drops lawsuit against local news journal