Published on Friday, 04 January 2013 10:41
A fire in Myanmar's Mywaddy state opposite Thailand's Mae Sot district in Tak province early Thursday morning killed a seven-year-old girl and destroyed five houses.
The Myanmar side asked the Mae Sot authorities to send water trucks to help extinguished the blaze that erupted in a village in Myawaddy district at 1.30am opposite Tambon Tasailuad , Samruey Wiriya, the mayor of Tambon Tasailuad said.
Samruey said the Thai side agreed to Myanmar's request to open the Thai-Myanmar Friendship Bridge to allow the water trucks to travel to the site of the fire. The blaze, whipped up by a strong winds, completely destroyed the wooden houses. The girl was trapped inside a house.
The Myanmar side are now investigating the cause of the fire.
Source: The Nation
Crime Latest News
- Yangon encounters theft the most among crimes: minister
- 7 Bengalis arrested for illegally entering Yangon
- Over Ks 6 billion in narcotics, weapons seized in Shan State
- Two men arrested for possession of explosive devices in Yangon
- Unexploded bombs found in Yangon, Mandalay
- Two bombs explode in Sagaing, no injuries reported
- Myanmar authorities seize China-made gambling machines in Mon State
- Inmates from riot-hit Kawthaung Prison transferred to Myeik, Dawei and Yangon
- Bride trafficking to China on the rise
- Series of smuggled jade and products seized in Muse