Published on Friday, 16 November 2012 16:53
Two inmates at Yangon’s Insein Central Prison died this week, according to the police.
A 55-year old inmate got an epileptic fit while he asleep on November 11. The man was rushed to the prison health centre and died there at around 7am on the same day.
Three days before the incident, at around 4am, another inmate died from epilepsy. The 52-year old woman died in her sleep after she was hospitalised.
The Insein Police is currently investigating the two incidents.
Crime Latest News
- Yangon encounters theft the most among crimes: minister
- 7 Bengalis arrested for illegally entering Yangon
- Over Ks 6 billion in narcotics, weapons seized in Shan State
- Two men arrested for possession of explosive devices in Yangon
- Unexploded bombs found in Yangon, Mandalay
- Two bombs explode in Sagaing, no injuries reported
- Myanmar authorities seize China-made gambling machines in Mon State
- Inmates from riot-hit Kawthaung Prison transferred to Myeik, Dawei and Yangon
- Bride trafficking to China on the rise
- Series of smuggled jade and products seized in Muse