Published on Friday, 16 November 2012 16:53
Two inmates at Yangon’s Insein Central Prison died this week, according to the police.
A 55-year old inmate got an epileptic fit while he asleep on November 11. The man was rushed to the prison health centre and died there at around 7am on the same day.
Three days before the incident, at around 4am, another inmate died from epilepsy. The 52-year old woman died in her sleep after she was hospitalised.
The Insein Police is currently investigating the two incidents.
Crime Latest News
- Swiss killed in Myanmar car crash
- Legal actions set against misleading job promises in S. Africa
- Myanmar’s deadly railways claim more than 200 lives in 2 years
- Driving rule breakers to face lifetime suspension of driver licenses
- Eight telecom officials face criminal charges, police say
- Myanmar Police seize illegal drugs worth $2.3m in Yangon
- Landmine attack on Mandalay-bound train sparks panic
- South Korean found dead in suspected suicide
- Two customs officials penalized for arm shipment case
- Mines ministry drops lawsuit against local news journal