- 3 military soldiers rob couple near Nawady Bridge in Bago
- Hotel staff falls 8 storeys to his death
- Mandalay advocate-general promises swift trials for suspects in Meikhtila riot cases
- Many poor-quality drugs imported illegally into Myanmar: Trade Minister
- Vandals try to stir up trouble, flee when police arrive
- Man arrested in Rakhine murders
- Thai couple face raft of charges over torture and enslavement of child
- Officials seek common ground to combat slavery in Mekong region
- Hackers using local ISP to attack accounts of Eleven Media staff
- One injures, one disappears in a boat capsize in Yangon
Published on Wednesday, 07 November 2012 18:33
The house in Hmawbi Township where the triple murder was committed (Photo - Aung Myo Thant/EMG)
Two triple homicides occurred only within days in Yangon, Myanmar, said an official from Yangon Regional Police Department.
The first homicide occurred in Dagon Seikkan Township on October 29.
It happened when Pyae Phyo Aung, 27, from 69 Section Minhla Minkong Street could not bear the noises from the house across the street as Kyikan aka Soe Soe, 38, and his mother-in-law Hla Myint, 60, had a quarrel.
Pyae Phyo Aung later went into the house and slapped the two people. When he returned home, Soe Soe shot the guy with a slingshot.
Angry, Pyae Phyo Aung came back with two knives, 23-inches and 12-inches-long. He stabbed Soe Soe on the right chest and later killed Hla Myint and her granddaughter, Sapal, 3, with the knives.
Pyae Phyo Aung was arrested at 3 in the evening on November 1 after the head of Section 69 found him in Section 70 when visiting his relative. Soe Hlaing, the Section head, asked for residents help to arrest the guy.
Similarly, another triple homicide has happened in the morning on the same day at Hmawbi Township. The police have confirmed the incident.
A relative of the victims explained that the suspect “has been suffering from psychological disorder for long.”
That morning, the suspect said he was hungry. His brother told him that there was nothing to eat at the time. He pulled a knife and killed his brother. The father tried to pull them apart but was also killed. I ran out in fear. I stopped mother from going to the house after coming back from market. But she didn’t listen to me and was killed.”
The suspect was arrested on the same day and the he is now detained in Hmawbi Police Station.