Published on Wednesday, 07 November 2012 18:33
The house in Hmawbi Township where the triple murder was committed (Photo - Aung Myo Thant/EMG)
Two triple homicides occurred only within days in Yangon, Myanmar, said an official from Yangon Regional Police Department.
The first homicide occurred in Dagon Seikkan Township on October 29.
It happened when Pyae Phyo Aung, 27, from 69 Section Minhla Minkong Street could not bear the noises from the house across the street as Kyikan aka Soe Soe, 38, and his mother-in-law Hla Myint, 60, had a quarrel.
Pyae Phyo Aung later went into the house and slapped the two people. When he returned home, Soe Soe shot the guy with a slingshot.
Angry, Pyae Phyo Aung came back with two knives, 23-inches and 12-inches-long. He stabbed Soe Soe on the right chest and later killed Hla Myint and her granddaughter, Sapal, 3, with the knives.
Pyae Phyo Aung was arrested at 3 in the evening on November 1 after the head of Section 69 found him in Section 70 when visiting his relative. Soe Hlaing, the Section head, asked for residents help to arrest the guy.
Similarly, another triple homicide has happened in the morning on the same day at Hmawbi Township. The police have confirmed the incident.
A relative of the victims explained that the suspect “has been suffering from psychological disorder for long.”
That morning, the suspect said he was hungry. His brother told him that there was nothing to eat at the time. He pulled a knife and killed his brother. The father tried to pull them apart but was also killed. I ran out in fear. I stopped mother from going to the house after coming back from market. But she didn’t listen to me and was killed.”
The suspect was arrested on the same day and the he is now detained in Hmawbi Police Station.
Crime Latest News
- Yangon encounters theft the most among crimes: minister
- 7 Bengalis arrested for illegally entering Yangon
- Over Ks 6 billion in narcotics, weapons seized in Shan State
- Two men arrested for possession of explosive devices in Yangon
- Unexploded bombs found in Yangon, Mandalay
- Two bombs explode in Sagaing, no injuries reported
- Myanmar authorities seize China-made gambling machines in Mon State
- Inmates from riot-hit Kawthaung Prison transferred to Myeik, Dawei and Yangon
- Bride trafficking to China on the rise
- Series of smuggled jade and products seized in Muse