A senior security officers blamed poverty and poor living standards as the cause for the increasing number of theft committed in the Yangon Region.
Last Updated on Sunday, 01 December 2013 17:54
Seven Bengalis, including two temporary citizenship card or white card holders, were arrested yesterday for illegally entering Yangon together with an unlicensed car, according to Hmawby Township Police Force and Immigration and National Registration Department.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 20:39
YANGON-Two males were caught with explosive materials that the police believe were planned for bomb attacks against mosques in various locations in the country, according to Yangon Region Police Force.
Last Updated on Sunday, 17 November 2013 08:51
Shan State - Authorities have seized weapons and narcotics worth over Ks 6 billion from two vehicles in Theinni Township in northern Shan State, according to local police sources.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 18:21
Unexploded bombs were discovered in Yangon and Mandalay yesterday, the latest scare in a week that has seen several bombs explode in Yangon Region and Bago Region.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 October 2013 23:10
Crime Latest News
- Yangon encounters theft the most among crimes: minister
- 7 Bengalis arrested for illegally entering Yangon
- Over Ks 6 billion in narcotics, weapons seized in Shan State
- Two men arrested for possession of explosive devices in Yangon
- Unexploded bombs found in Yangon, Mandalay
- Two bombs explode in Sagaing, no injuries reported
- Myanmar authorities seize China-made gambling machines in Mon State
- Inmates from riot-hit Kawthaung Prison transferred to Myeik, Dawei and Yangon
- Bride trafficking to China on the rise
- Series of smuggled jade and products seized in Muse