Published on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 21:58
Mandalay City Development Committee (MCDC) would upgrade Ayeyarwaddy river jetty in Mandalay to meet international standard.
Surveys were carried out for long time to upgrade the jetty along the river and the basic construction tasks would be started within this year.
U Tun Kyi (Committee member ) from MCDC said the Mandalay authority has signed an agreement with a foreign company for consulting work. After completing the advanced jetty, there will be a new satellite town, he said. Low cost housing would be also included in this project, he added.
High ways and railway roads will be constructed to link the jetty project and Mandalay International Airport. It was estimated that the project can last about 40 years for construction and the villages in the project area must be relocated.
MCDC will carry on the construction tasks with the supporting documents reported by a company from Malaysia.
National Latest News
- White elephant tests Thai-Myanmar bilateral relations
- Myanmar rights group faces challenges over police torture
- '88 Generation leaders to attend Toronto summit
- Win Aung to serve another term as chairman of Myanmar's commerce chambers
- 25 more Myanmar migrant workers return home
- Yangon's 'Michaung Kan' evictions draw widespread criticism
- Myanmar’s new central bank law to be approved next month
- Myanmar to update 1988 Organizations Law
- Evicted families and students face difficulties
- Myanmar and Thailand universities participate in Education Fair