Published on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 13:43
Anonymous groups using IP addresses from the US, Malaysia and Russia launched a denial of service attack on the official website of the President’s Office yesterday, its director Zaw Htay said on his Facebook page.
Zaw Htay, on his Facebook account “Hmuu Zaw”, wrote that the IP-22.214.171.124 had sent millions of Distributed Denial-of-service (DDos) requests between 9:30am and 10am, and at 11:00am and 11:54am.
The website “has not been hacked”, he said, explaining that a DDos attack is used “to make the website slower and bring it down”.
The DDos attacks are being conducted by groups from Indonesia and the office is gathering evidence and information on the attacks, Zaw Htay said.
He asked readers for patience if they encountered any inconveniences while browsing the website and assured them that the office was working on security measures to protect it.
Meanwhile, The Voice Weekly Journal’s Facebook page was hacked yesterday and all of its administration accounts removed.
The hackers posted articles yesterday morning that were shared on online news site Myanmar Express. The journal's Facebook page was removed yesterday afternoon.
National Latest News
- Myanmar must eradicate cultural barriers to empower women
- Tropical cyclone Madi likely to enter Myanmar
- Migyaungkan protesters meet with Yangon officials
- War victims in Kachin State face human rights abuses
- President’s Office suspends Botahtaung project
- Myanmar must eradicate cultural barriers to empower women - IMF
- Myanmar expand HIV treatment to 85% of patients by 2016
- IMF to provide financial techniques to Myanmar
- France to partner in Myanmar Journalism School
- China has not issued formal complaint over flag-burning incident