Published on Friday, 01 February 2013 12:54
Mandalay City Development Council (MCDC) is planning to work in
collaboration with construction companies to build 5,000 low cost apartment buildings project in the city.
“The project will be constructed at Myayainandar quarter. We invited businessmen who have construction licenses from MCDC to join,” said the committee member of MCDC said.
The proposed project comprises 300 unit-apartment in four stories-buildings. Each room has space of 600 square feet. The unit contains a room for worshipping, living room, kitchenette and a bathroom.
One unit will cost approximately 60 million kyats, according to the committee member. The retail price is not relative low for the poor but it is affordable for middle class and business people.
The project is located between 44 street and 48 street, Yuzana Street and Mandalay-Pyin Oo Lwin railroad in Chanmyatharzin Township. It is the place where MCDC removed the residents who live without the documents to show the ownership of the land on August 21, 2012.
National Latest News
- Yangon protestors’ camp ordered to shut down
- 13,000 flee their villages in northern Myanmar: KPN
- Migyaungkan protestors, workers clash at dispute site
- Renovation of Mahabandoola Park to be finished in March
- Shoe factory workers on strike for wage increase
- Farmers campaign against land confiscations at Ngwe Saung Beach
- Experts suggest downtown Yangon to designate as cultural zone
- Thein Phyu building project is a sign of dictatorship still alive: MLN
- Women themselves must fight to enhance their roles - Suu Kyi
- Myanmar losing forests at fast pace, say reports