- Govt pushes for Kyaukphyu-Muse railway project without public notification
- MTN to provide assistance to other sectors if selected as operator
- Buddha images stolen in Bagan
- Public Service Media bill comes out amid criticisms over ministry-sponsored press bill
- Myanmar promises humanitarian aids for Rakhine ethnics fleeing Bangladesh
- Making Yangon City Green
- Japan’s Prime Minister to visit Myanmar in near future
- PET_CT scan to be installed at Yangon General Hospital
- Labour disputes on the rise in Myanmar
- Founding of Wa State is worthy: Wa chairman
Published on Thursday, 31 January 2013 17:19
Mandalay University and Mawlamyaine University planned to offer military training course to their students in extra hour.
The course, due to open in February, is not a compulsory for the students but for those who are interested in military science. Only healthy male student is qualified to study the military course, according to Dr. Saw Pyone Naing, pro-rector of the Mandalay University.
Applications for the program are now receiving at the two universities. The course would be conducted in extra hours between 4-6 p.m. after normal class.
Manadalay University is the second biggest in the country while Mawlamyine is the biggest one in Mon State.
“We are still writing the curriculum but all subjects are supposed to be the military related ones,” a military official from Nay Pyi Taw who participates in the course management told the Eleven Media Group.
“After the course’s been end, students will be given course certificate. If the certificate holders want to join the officer training, they will be in priority”, he said.