Published on Thursday, 31 January 2013 17:19
Mandalay University and Mawlamyaine University planned to offer military training course to their students in extra hour.
The course, due to open in February, is not a compulsory for the students but for those who are interested in military science. Only healthy male student is qualified to study the military course, according to Dr. Saw Pyone Naing, pro-rector of the Mandalay University.
Applications for the program are now receiving at the two universities. The course would be conducted in extra hours between 4-6 p.m. after normal class.
Manadalay University is the second biggest in the country while Mawlamyine is the biggest one in Mon State.
“We are still writing the curriculum but all subjects are supposed to be the military related ones,” a military official from Nay Pyi Taw who participates in the course management told the Eleven Media Group.
“After the course’s been end, students will be given course certificate. If the certificate holders want to join the officer training, they will be in priority”, he said.
National Latest News
- Myanmar to hold its first-ever international women’s conference
- Service centres for Myanmar migrant workers to open in border areas
- Myawady border bridge collects Ks 25 million
- Kachin IDP's return home despite ongoing peace talks
- Millions lost in illegal timber trade with China
- Police unable to confirm celebrities’ past drug scandals
- University students return to live on campus
- Yangon car horn-free zone a failure says traffic police
- MPA to construct seven new wharves in Yangon
- Myanmar to provide emergency healthcare for SEA Games athletes