Published on Thursday, 31 January 2013 16:27
The United States Agency for International Development has provided an additional US$4.2 million for those displaced by the conflict in Rakhine State, the US Embassy said yesterday.
This assistance is provided by USAID’s Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance and Food for Peace through the United Nations World Food Program and Save the Children.
The assistance will be provided to those in need in Rakhine State regardless of ethnicity, the embassy said. The US has provided a total of US$7.29 million for the victims of the violence in Rakhine State since last June.
National Latest News
- Myanmar must eradicate cultural barriers to empower women
- Tropical cyclone Madi likely to enter Myanmar
- Migyaungkan protesters meet with Yangon officials
- War victims in Kachin State face human rights abuses
- President’s Office suspends Botahtaung project
- Myanmar must eradicate cultural barriers to empower women - IMF
- Myanmar expand HIV treatment to 85% of patients by 2016
- IMF to provide financial techniques to Myanmar
- France to partner in Myanmar Journalism School
- China has not issued formal complaint over flag-burning incident