Published on Tuesday, 15 January 2013 17:54
The webpage, http://news-eleven.com, of Eleven Media Group has today been hacked by Red Army (a combination of six different hacker groups namely Blink Hacker Group, Myanmar Hack3rs Unite4m, Myanmar Cyber Army, Black Hack Area, Myanmar Cyber Defence Army, and Cyber Vampire Team).
The webpage will be unavailable for a period of time, and EMG's web team is currently working on the problem.
The EMG deems this as a ''Cyber Crime'' and will officially report to Ministry of Communications and Information Technology and Ministry of Home Affairs.
EMG is reporting through the public that the act has been orchestrated by people close to the government and/or manipulating the government. The EMG has also demanded the authorities to investigate and punish whoever responsible for the crime.
Currently, the Internet Protocol addresses from China and Russia will be blocked from viewing or accessing EMG's webpage as the hackers' IP mostly originate from these two countries.
The EMG has also demanded the responsible personnel of various organizations to check and prevent their staffs from committing such crimes unless they want to risk embarrassment amongst the international community once their misdeeds were uncovered.
Founded in 2000, Eleven Media publishes four weeklies.
It was named "Media of the Year" by France-based media rights watchdog, Reporters Without Borders, in 2011 for its long-standing fight for press freedom.
Eleven Media also operates Myanmar's biggest English-language mobile SMS news, and websites in the local and English languages.
National Latest News
- Anti-mine activists on trial for Chinese flag burning
- ICRC to carry out police training in Rakhine State
- KIA arrest civilians in villages around Mansi
- Myanmar-Laos Friendship Bridge to be completed by 2015
- National education seminar held in Yangon
- Government approves renovation of Yangon Railway Station
- Diplomats make debut venture into Shan State
- Indian Ambassador meets Kachin State officials
- Land grabbing the biggest issue in Myanmar says rights group
- Cyclone Madi will not hit Myanmar