Published on Monday, 07 January 2013 07:32
The construction of Bayintnaung Bridge No.2 that will run parallel to the existing Bridge No.1 has begun now according to the Ministry of Construction.
The durability of the new bridge is designed to carry a 75-ton loaded truck. However, for the safety purpose, 30-ton loaded trucks will be allowed to pass through as maximum weights.
The new bridge is being built to a width of four lanes which is wider than the Bridge No.1 to solve the heavy traffic during rush hour.
The new bridge is connected to Hlaing Thaya Township that leads to Dala ,Twantay , Kawhmu, Pharpon and Bogalay.
Despite the Bridge No.1, freightliner and container truck drivers are using Aung Zeya Bridge as main bridge to load and unload in Bayintnaung Wholesales Center, the busiest marketplace in Yangon.
Yangon City Development Committee (YCDC) made a detour through the backstreets of Thirimon Housing to eliminate the traffic conjunction, and will also build four more bridges at Pazuntaung, Htantapin, Kyimyindin and Tharkayta across the Yangon River and Hlaing River for connecting central Yangon and the other side of the city.
National Latest News
- Yangon protestors’ camp ordered to shut down
- 13,000 flee their villages in northern Myanmar: KPN
- Migyaungkan protestors, workers clash at dispute site
- Renovation of Mahabandoola Park to be finished in March
- Shoe factory workers on strike for wage increase
- Farmers campaign against land confiscations at Ngwe Saung Beach
- Experts suggest downtown Yangon to designate as cultural zone
- Thein Phyu building project is a sign of dictatorship still alive: MLN
- Women themselves must fight to enhance their roles - Suu Kyi
- Myanmar losing forests at fast pace, say reports