Published on Friday, 04 January 2013 16:47
The National League for Democracy (NLD), Myanmar’s major opposition party, is planning to publish a daily newspaper, said Ohn Kyaing, a former journalist and party member.
Ohn Kyaing, publisher of the party’s D Wave Weekly Journal, also sits as a member of parliament.
He said the publication will also be called “D Wave”, adding that it will be objective and publish various views.
Earlier on December 30, NLD chairman Aung San Suu Kyi, revealed plans to turn D Wave into a daily publication following the government’s recent decision to allow daily newspapers starting April. Over the past five decades, the government strictly controlled the media and banned private newspapers.
National Latest News
- Eleven Media introduces news mobile app
- Residents facing eviction to stage protest against housing project
- Myanmar to increase mobile penetration rate to 50%
- More flyovers to reduce traffic in Yangon - Minister
- Urban development to curtail high-rises and provide public spaces
- Press Council and Int’l Media Support to draft ethics code for all journalists
- Myanmar to hold its first-ever international women’s conference
- Service centres for Myanmar migrant workers to open in border areas
- Myawady border bridge collects Ks 25 million
- Kachin IDP's return home despite ongoing peace talks