Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 22:47
People looking at the minimum entrance marks of various universities at Department of Higher Education
(Lower Myanmar) (Photo – Aye Pa Pa/EMG)
Yangon Technological University’s minium entrance marks remain top in Myanmar, higher than other universities and institutes in the country for those who passed the matriculation examination for 2012 academic year, according to the official figures of the Ministry of Education.
Minium entrance marks for YTU are higher than those criteria of the University of Medicine.
“The number of candidates applying for the YTU is growing this year. Most of the students are now taking great interest in engineering subjects. The entrance marks of the engineering subjects were above 320 in the previous academic years, but possible over 500 in the upcoming academic year,” an official of Higher Education Department (Lower Myanmar) said.
“Most of the students who have passed the matriculation examination with high marks have become interested in applying for the YTU this year,” the official added.
Universities have opened their first-year classes for 2012-2013 academic year on December 5.
National Latest News
- Win Aung to serve another term as chairman of Myanmar's commerce chambers
- 25 more Myanmar migrant workers return home
- Yangon's 'Michaung Kan' evictions draw widespread criticism
- Myanmar’s new central bank law to be approved next month
- Myanmar to update 1988 Organizations Law
- Evicted families and students face difficulties
- Myanmar and Thailand universities participate in Education Fair
- 167 Myanmar workers arrive home from Malaysia
- Myanmar suspends sending workers to Malaysia
- Myanmar Buddhist monks make clarification of Buddhism