- Myanmar starts drafting five-year Dairy Development Plan
- Women entrepreneurs to draw policy paper for women job opportunities
- Myanmar has region's lowest internet penetration rate
- Thai delegation visits Eleven Media in Myanmar
- Htoo Group fails to upgrade Mandalay's Innwa Hotel
- Protecting intellectual property rights highlighted for foreign investments
- Spirulina lakes endangered by irrigation projects in central Myanmar
- Construction of Sittwe Port halted due to Cyclone Mahasen
- Private school board settles tuition fees conflicts with parents
- Myanmar’s Shan Army denies “funds acceptance” from OIC
Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 22:32
The Myanmar government is holding workshops to devise a comprehensive plan for towns and cities in the country, officials said.
"The current town planning in most of the cities in the country is not orderly. We organised these discussions to devise a good system for town planning," an architect said.
Myanmar's Department of Human Settlements and Housing Development will be inviting experts on urban development to join the workshop in Yangon on December 6 and 7.
The department has held similar workshops in Nay Pyi Taw and Taunggyi.
"Scholars from Germany's University of Cologne and Southeast Asian countries joined the workshops. The maintenance of ancient buildings will be discussed at the Yangon workshop," said department official.
The government will also be coming up with urban development projects for the whole country.