Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 22:32
The Myanmar government is holding workshops to devise a comprehensive plan for towns and cities in the country, officials said.
"The current town planning in most of the cities in the country is not orderly. We organised these discussions to devise a good system for town planning," an architect said.
Myanmar's Department of Human Settlements and Housing Development will be inviting experts on urban development to join the workshop in Yangon on December 6 and 7.
The department has held similar workshops in Nay Pyi Taw and Taunggyi.
"Scholars from Germany's University of Cologne and Southeast Asian countries joined the workshops. The maintenance of ancient buildings will be discussed at the Yangon workshop," said department official.
The government will also be coming up with urban development projects for the whole country.
National Latest News
- Buddhist monks face legal action for protesting
- Thirteen killed in fresh skirmishes between gov’t troops, Kachin rebels
- Eleven Media introduces news mobile app
- Residents facing eviction to stage protest against housing project
- Myanmar to increase mobile penetration rate to 50%
- More flyovers to reduce traffic in Yangon - Minister
- Urban development to curtail high-rises and provide public spaces
- Press Council and Int’l Media Support to draft ethics code for all journalists
- Myanmar to hold its first-ever international women’s conference
- Service centres for Myanmar migrant workers to open in border areas