Published on Monday, 26 November 2012 17:48
Myanmar special prepaid SIM cards will be available for international athletics and guests attending the 2013 Southeast Asia Games, according to Myanmar Post and Telecommunication (MPT).
The base price of such SIM card is set at US$15.
The card, which offers top-up options, will be valid for three or four months, MPT’s mobile engineer Htay Win said.
The cards will be sold three months before the event which will be held in Nay Pyi Taw in December next year.
It is uncertain whether the cards will also be available for local customers.
In the past years, prepaid cards were made available for foreign tourists. But, these cards were only valid for one month and did not offer any top-up options.
National Latest News
- Anti-mine activists on trial for Chinese flag burning
- Pilgrims crowd Kyeikhtiyo Pagoda over weekends
- ICRC to carry out police training in Rakhine State
- KIA arrest civilians in villages around Mansi
- Myanmar-Laos Friendship Bridge to be completed by 2015
- National education seminar held in Yangon
- Government approves renovation of Yangon Railway Station
- Diplomats make debut venture into Shan State
- Indian Ambassador meets Kachin State officials
- Land grabbing the biggest issue in Myanmar says rights group