Published on Thursday, 15 November 2012 22:40
Another encounter occurred between government troops and the Kachin Independence Army (KIA) at two locations in Pha Kant, Kachin, but no casualties were reported.
A local said the two sides exchanged fire at Maw Wan Strategic Hill and La Maung Hill Villages in the afternoon of November 14.
It was also reported that KIA has been carrying out additional security checks and those without a Kachin registration card were barred from the area.
Sources said the military marched from Mogaung to Pha Kant stranding workers and businessmen in Myitkyina and Mogaung Townships.
Fighting has continued in the region with casualties from both the military and KIA sides.
National Latest News
- Eleven Media introduces news mobile app
- Residents facing eviction to stage protest against housing project
- Myanmar to increase mobile penetration rate to 50%
- More flyovers to reduce traffic in Yangon - Minister
- Urban development to curtail high-rises and provide public spaces
- Press Council and Int’l Media Support to draft ethics code for all journalists
- Myanmar to hold its first-ever international women’s conference
- Service centres for Myanmar migrant workers to open in border areas
- Myawady border bridge collects Ks 25 million
- Kachin IDP's return home despite ongoing peace talks