- Myanmar starts drafting five-year Dairy Development Plan
- Women entrepreneurs to draw policy paper for women job opportunities
- Myanmar has region's lowest internet penetration rate
- Thai delegation visits Eleven Media in Myanmar
- Htoo Group fails to upgrade Mandalay's Innwa Hotel
- Protecting intellectual property rights highlighted for foreign investments
- Spirulina lakes endangered by irrigation projects in central Myanmar
- Construction of Sittwe Port halted due to Cyclone Mahasen
- Private school board settles tuition fees conflicts with parents
- Myanmar’s Shan Army denies “funds acceptance” from OIC
Published on Thursday, 15 November 2012 22:40
Another encounter occurred between government troops and the Kachin Independence Army (KIA) at two locations in Pha Kant, Kachin, but no casualties were reported.
A local said the two sides exchanged fire at Maw Wan Strategic Hill and La Maung Hill Villages in the afternoon of November 14.
It was also reported that KIA has been carrying out additional security checks and those without a Kachin registration card were barred from the area.
Sources said the military marched from Mogaung to Pha Kant stranding workers and businessmen in Myitkyina and Mogaung Townships.
Fighting has continued in the region with casualties from both the military and KIA sides.