Published on Monday, 12 November 2012 19:04
Bayint Naung Bridge No.2 will be built with the assistance of a South Korean Company, said the Yangon regional government.
The new bridge and Bayint Naung Bridge No.1 will be running parallel to each other. The new bridge is connected to Hlaing Thaya Township that leads to Dala ,Twantay , Kawhmu, Pharpon and Bogalay.
The old bridge has only two lanes resulting in heavy traffic during rush hour.
The proposal for the second bridge has not been drawn yet but a source said it will have the same length as the old one, only wider to accommodate four lanes.
The Yangon City Development Committee is planning to build four more bridges at Pazuntaung, Htantapin, Kyimyindin and Tharkayta across the Hlaing River (a.k.a. Yangon River).
The bridges will link central Yangon to the other side of the city.
National Latest News
- Eleven Media introduces news mobile app
- Residents facing eviction to stage protest against housing project
- Myanmar to increase mobile penetration rate to 50%
- More flyovers to reduce traffic in Yangon - Minister
- Urban development to curtail high-rises and provide public spaces
- Press Council and Int’l Media Support to draft ethics code for all journalists
- Myanmar to hold its first-ever international women’s conference
- Service centres for Myanmar migrant workers to open in border areas
- Myawady border bridge collects Ks 25 million
- Kachin IDP's return home despite ongoing peace talks