Published on Friday, 09 November 2012 17:53
Photo - Injured people seen in hospital
Over one hundred people were injured on November 1 when a monastery collapsed in Magwe Region in central Myanmar.
The incident took place during a “Kahtein” donation ceremony at LayHtat monastery in Minbu Township.
The building collapsed in the evening when the participants went downstairs after the ceremony was over, injuring 115.
The injured, most of whom were women and elderly, were rushed to two hospitals.
National Latest News
- Anti-mine activists on trial for Chinese flag burning
- Pilgrims crowd Kyeikhtiyo Pagoda over weekends
- ICRC to carry out police training in Rakhine State
- KIA arrest civilians in villages around Mansi
- Myanmar-Laos Friendship Bridge to be completed by 2015
- National education seminar held in Yangon
- Government approves renovation of Yangon Railway Station
- Diplomats make debut venture into Shan State
- Indian Ambassador meets Kachin State officials
- Land grabbing the biggest issue in Myanmar says rights group