- Myanmar starts drafting five-year Dairy Development Plan
- Women entrepreneurs to draw policy paper for women job opportunities
- Myanmar has region's lowest internet penetration rate
- Thai delegation visits Eleven Media in Myanmar
- Htoo Group fails to upgrade Mandalay's Innwa Hotel
- Protecting intellectual property rights highlighted for foreign investments
- Spirulina lakes endangered by irrigation projects in central Myanmar
- Construction of Sittwe Port halted due to Cyclone Mahasen
- Private school board settles tuition fees conflicts with parents
- Myanmar’s Shan Army denies “funds acceptance” from OIC
Published on Friday, 09 November 2012 17:53
Photo - Injured people seen in hospital
Over one hundred people were injured on November 1 when a monastery collapsed in Magwe Region in central Myanmar.
The incident took place during a “Kahtein” donation ceremony at LayHtat monastery in Minbu Township.
The building collapsed in the evening when the participants went downstairs after the ceremony was over, injuring 115.
The injured, most of whom were women and elderly, were rushed to two hospitals.